Jay Peak Extreme Competition - Ski The East Freeride Tour ChampionshipsView/Hide Photos
Back at it for another year (and winner of the Top 10 Winter Event Award in VT), Ski The East comes to Jay Peak for the fifth and final stop of the Ski The East Freeride Tour. $1,000 cash purse for the winner and crowning of the STEFT overall male and female champions.
Cost: day one only. Athletes who advance to day two will be awarded a lift ticket (if needed)
- Non-Season Pass Holders: $80 (includes lift ticket)
- Season Pass Holder: $45
Registration: REGISTRATION GOES LIVE ON MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20th, 2017
- 120 pre-registration slots available by e-mailing Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your name, age, discipline and home mountain. Be nice to Luke.
- REGISTRATION CLOSES ON FRIDAY 3/24/17 AT 5:00PM, or when the 120 slots are full.
- 30 spots are reserved for the top 8 from all 4 Junior Qualifier events, but Juniors MUST pre-register with us so we know you are coming.
NEW FOR THIS YEAR:
In an effort to have the day of competition run smoothly, we’ll be pre-assigning bibs based on when we receive your pre-registration email. Girls/women’s pre-reg bib assignment will begin at Number 1. So, for example, if 30 women pre-register, they will be assigned bibs 1-30 sorted by age and based on when we received their emails. Boys/men’s bibs will then begin at bib 31 and also be sorted by age and timestamp of when we received their pre-reg email. A chunk of bibs will be reserved for day-of registrations, if in fact we still have space left.
Jay Peak Extreme Challenge is a two-day event. Judges will use the 5-categoried IFSA (International Free Skiers and Snowboarders Association) sanctioned judging sheet for each run. A cut will be made after Day One to determine who skis in Day Two. Scores will be cumulative to determine overall winner.
Event Schedule: Day One
- 8:00am – 9:00am: Day-of Registration/ Bib pick-up – Tramside Cafeteria
- 9:00am: Mandatory competitor’s meeting at Tramside Cafeteria
- 9:15am – 10:30am: Course inspection – Green Beret
- 11:00am: Competition Start Time – Green Beret
- 4pm – 7pm: Day 1 Results / Cuts made for those advancing to Day 2 – Tramside Cafeteria
- Meet in Tramside Cafeteria
- Schedule will be announced at end of Day 1
- 2 Runs on The Face– cut made after Run 1 (conditions permitting), and Super Finals for Run 2
- 4:00PM Awards, including the crowning of the 2015 Ski The East Freeride Tour overall male & female champs at Tramside (by the Tram)
Sat, Mar 25 to Sun, Mar 26
- All Day
|Contact Name||Luke Sussdorff|
|Contact Website||Ski The East|