Chickadees Girls Camp
RESERVATIONS are REquired FOR ALL SKI & RIDE SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- To purchase lessons, click "Book & Buy" on this page or call or email Activities at (800) 451-4449 or email@example.com
Chickadees are small but fierce creatures with an innate love of winter. They stick around, no matter the weather. They tend to hang out in flocks and are known to be curious, agile, and tough creatures.
So too are the skiers and riders in the all-girl Chickadees program. This program is designed to encourage and empower young women to grow together into kind and confident girls who rule the mountain with a deep understanding of what it means to be Raised Jay.
MORE THAN JUST A SKI & RIDE PROGRAM
Led by strong, confident, and kind women skiers and riders, including Gina Basiliere and Bonnie Kolber who designed the program, the Chickadees extend well beyond on-mountain skills. Chickadee is an 11-week camp for intermediate to advanced young women open to both skiers and snowboarders. Each week will include a theme to help guide the girls through personal and group growth. No goal is too big or too small for a Chickadee. Be it stomping a new trick for fun or a comp, finding the perfect powder line, or exploring a new glade, we’ll be sure to meet them where they are and move forward from there.
Weekly themes will include Respect, Responsibility, Communication, Fluidity, Style, Patience, Flexibility, Perseverance, Play, Progression, Cooperation, Friendship, and Fun. The coaches will encourage the girls in the camp to identify their strengths and weaknesses at the beginning of the season and develop goals against them.
The Chickadees program is for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders and runs for 11 weeks on Sundays from December 11th through March 19th (with March 26th as a make-up day). We have scheduled breaks on January 15th (MLK Weekend) and February 19th (Presidents Weekend).
|8:30 AM||Drop-off (Meet on-snow at the Stateside Base)|
|8:30 AM to 9 AM||Stretch Session|
|9:15 AM to 12:30 PM||Skiing and Riding|
|12:30 PM to 1:30 PM||Lunch (Parents must pick-up & drop-off)|
|1:30 PM to 3 PM||Afternoon on-snow activity - see below - varies by week and will be weather-dependent.|
|3 PM to 3:30 PM||Expression Session|
- December: 11, 18
- January: 8, 22, 29
- February: 5, 12 ,26
- March: 5, 12, 19
- March 26*
- Water bottle
- Lunch/lunch money
- Positive Attitude
- All outdoor gear
$1250 - includes the 11-week program and access to all activities.
Afternoon On-Snow Activities Include:
- Skiing and Riding
- Access to more time spent with the flock
- Gear Swap Day
- A day to literally step into each others' boots and help one another learn and grow.
- Explore the natural habitat of the Chickadee and our other forest friends on the many trails around the resort.
- Nordic Skiing
- Learning when to push and when to glide.
- Challenging our balance and bringing us all to the same level to work together.
- Rates are subject to change without notice and are inclusive of 6% Vermont tax unless stated otherwise.
- Canadian guests with valid proof of residency can pay at par. Must be paid in cash or by check - all credit card transactions are processed in US funds.
- A lift ticket is required for all person(s) enrolled in a lesson at Jay Peak.
Ski & Ride School participants under the age of 13 are required to wear a properly fitted and fastened winter sports helmet. We recommend participants of all ages do the same.
- Ski & Ride School participants in group lessons may ride lifts without an adult if they are over the age of 6.