Chickadees Girls Camp
Chickadees are small but fierce creatures with an innate love of winter. They stick around, no matter the weather. They tend to hang out in flocks and are known to be curious, agile and tough creatures.
So too are the skiers and riders in the all-girl Chickadee program. This program is designed to encourage and empower young women to grow together into kind and confident girls who rule the mountain with a deep understanding of what it means to be Raised Jay.
MORE THAN JUST A SKI & RIDE PROGRAM
Led by strong, confident, and kind women skiers and riders, including Gina Basiliere and Bonnie Kolber who designed the program, the Chickadees extends well beyond on-mountain skills. Chickadees is an 11-week camp for intermediate to advanced young women open to both skiers and snowboarders. Each week will include a theme to help guide the girls through personal and group growth. No goal is too big or too small for a Chickadee. Be it stomping a new trick for fun or a comp, finding the perfect powder line, or exploring a new glade, we’ll be sure to meet them where they are and move forward from there.
Weekly themes will include Respect, Responsibility, Communication, Fluidity, Style, Patience, Flexibility, Perseverance, Play, Progression, Cooperation, Friendship, and Fun. The coaches will encourage the girls in the camp to identify their strengths and weaknesses at the beginning of the season and develop goals against them.
The Chickadees program runs for 11 weeks on Saturdays from January 4th through March 21st (with March 28th as a make-up day) with a break on February 15th due to the Presidents' Week holiday.
|8:30 AM||Drop-off (Meet in the Ski & Ride School Hub on Stateside)|
|8:30 AM to 9 AM||Stretch Session|
|9:15 AM to 11:45 AM||Morning Activity (on-snow)|
|11:45 AM to 12:30 PM||Lunch|
|12:45 PM to 3 PM||Afternoon Activity
On or off snow - varies by week and will be weather dependent.
|3 PM to 3:30 PM||Expression Session|
Mornings will always be out on snow skiing & riding. Afternoon activities are subject to change with advance notice.
- January: 4, 11, 18, 25
- February: 1, 9, 22, 29
- March: 7, 14, 21, 28*
- Water bottle
- Lunch/lunch money
- Positive Attitude
- All outdoor gear
$1250 - includes the 11 week program and access to all afternoon activities.
- Indoor Surfing at the Pump House
- A change to step off the snow and learn to challenge our balance in a new (warm) way.
- Climbing at Clips and Reels
- Stretching to new heights and learning to push our comfort zones on the natural stone wall.
- Gear Swap Day
- A day to literally step into each others' boots and help one another learn and grow.
- Nordic Skiing
- Learning when to push and when to glide.
- Challenging our balance and bringing us all to the same level to work together.
BOOK YOUR LESSON
Lessons fill up fast, it’s best to make your reservation as soon as possible.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (800) 451-4449
- Rates are subject to change without notice and are inclusive of 6% Vermont tax unless stated otherwise.
- Canadian guests with valid proof of residency can pay at par. Must be paid in cash or by check - all credit card transactions are processed in US funds.
- A lift ticket is required for all person(s) enrolled in a lesson at Jay Peak.