3rd Annual Real To Steel
We're known for some of the steepest and deepest turns in the East, and now our Parks are growing in reputation too. Say hello to Real to Steel, a freeride and freestyle event open to both skiers and riders looking to test their skills in the park, and on challenging upper mountain terrain.
When: Saturday, March 21st, 2020.
Where: Upper Quai & the Jug Handle Terrain Park.
Cost: $25 per person + a competitor lift ticket (if you need one)
How it works: You’ll be judged on your line choice, style, fluidity of your run, and anything else we can think of by March 21st.
- All competitors receive 2 runs; 1 run on the freeride venue, and 1 run on the slopestyle course.
- Age Brackets: 12 and under, 13-17, 18+ Men and Women.
Judging Format: Just like the last two years, we'll have a small panel of judges posted throughout both courses, but there will also be a skier/rider judged component as well. What does this mean? Following your run, we ask you to spectate at the finish and judge your fellow competitors to determine the crowd favorite. Don't worry, we'll have a finish judge present to help facilitate this.
Registration: OPENS ON FEBRUARY 1ST AT 9:00 AM AND CLOSES ON SATURDAY, MARCH 20TH AT 5:00 PM, UNLESS WE FILL UP PRIOR TO MARCH 20th.
- E-mail Ian (firstname.lastname@example.org) to register. Please provide Name, Age, Home Mountain, and Discipline.
- Max of 75 spots. Pre-registration is encouraged. Day-of registration will be offered, if available.
- Bib order will be assigned in the order that we receive your registration. So for example, a person who registers first will be bib #1, with the last person to register being bib #75; we are planning to run in bib order.
- All competitors are required to complete a Jay Peak Waiver prior to the start of the event. Complete your waiver in advance HERE
Although we won’t discourage a junior from competing in this event, be advised that unless you are comfortable hitting things like, a cliff drop on un-groomed natural terrain, or a large jump in the terrain park, you might want to join as a spectator.
Day-of Schedule: (subject to change)
- Registration & Bib Assignment @ Tramside Cafeteria | 8:00 AM- 9:00 AM
- Mandatory safety meeting @ Tramside Cafeteria | 9:00- 9:15 AM
- Course Inspection (for both Upper Quai & Jug Handle) | 9:15 AM- 10:30 AM
- 1st run on Upper Quai | 10:45 AM
- 2nd run on Jug Handle Terrain Park | Following completion of run 1.
- Awards ceremony @ Tramside Cafeteria following event