Real To Steel
Jay Peak is known for some of the steepest and deepest turns in the East, and now our Parks are growing in reputation too. Say hello to Real to Steel, a freeride and freestyle event open to both skiers and riders looking to test their skills in the park, and on challenging upper mountain terrain.
NEW FOR 2021: This year we will be offering a virtual event. Film yourself skiing or riding your best natural line on trail or in the trees at Jay Peak, and your best line in one of our parks. Our judges will vote for their favorite(s) with winner-take-all in each age category.
How it works: You’ll be judged on your line choice, style, the fluidity of your run, and anything else we can think of.
- Film and send us 2 video segments: One on natural terrain (trail or trees) and the other in one of our parks, Rabbit, Chalet, or Family Cross.
- Keep video segments limited to 5-10 seconds per clip. You'd be surprised how much you can accomplish in that timeframe.
- No drones. Handheld recording devices only, like a GoPro.
- E-mail your footage to Luke (firstname.lastname@example.org). Wetransfer is a great way to send large video files in an e-mail, and it's free.
When: You have from midnight on March 1st to 11:59 PM on March 31st to film and send us your footage.
Where: Mountain-wide, from the Dip to Andres and everywhere in between. Video segments must be filmed at Jay Peak.
Cost: $25 per person (lift access not included). Includes automatic entry into a prize raffle featuring products from Never Summer, K2, Oneoheight Limited, and more.
Registration: closes on March 24th at midnight.
- E-mail Luke (email@example.com) with your name, age, and whether you ski or ride upon purchasing the event admission.
Age Brackets: 12 and under, 13-17, 18+ Men and Women/ ski and snowboard.
- All competitors are required to complete a Jay Peak Waiver prior to the start of the event.
Although we won’t discourage a junior from competing in this event, be advised that unless you are comfortable hitting things like a cliff drop on un-groomed natural terrain, or a large jump in the terrain park, this event might not be for you.